Friday, May 16, 2014

RAY'S RANDOM REFLECTIONS


This blog is going to be a continuing work in progress and is intended primarily for my descendants to read from time to time if they have any interest in what I learned about life and living during the seventy-five years that I can remember.  I was born in 1932, but my memories do not extend much past 1938.  I will not spend much time in recounting these experiences; but I will try to distill the lessons I learned in brief "capsules" of reflection.

definition: "Reflection" is the act of holding up the mirror of Truth to the experiences of life.

NOW

"Now" is the most important focal point of your life.
But "now" is very elusive; for the moment you focus on "now", it becomes "then"!
Also, while planning the future, "now" happens.
As you become older, this fact of living becomes clearer.
Don't miss the most important experiences of your life while dwelling in "then"--past and future.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you success with your blogging. I've been at it longer and find it very fulfilling, although I Facebook even more and cross post a lot. You're definitely a thinker. I respect people who think and we all have a hunger to express what we think about, although not all are comvortable in doing it in print. If you're interested, I have a short autobiography online that details much of my personal quest up until about fifteen years ago. It's available here: http://hwarmstrong.com/believing-the-unbelievable.pdf

    ReplyDelete