Saturday, April 25, 2009

Birthday girl and the cake she shared with speech students


Since my wife and I enjoy the blogs of several of our grandchildren, I decided to set up one for Grandma and Grandpa to put out there for any of them that want to keep up with the "old folks." Unfortunately, I am the only one that even does email.  Grandma has learned to print out sudoku puzzles and to pull up the websites of the grandchildren to explore all the latest news and photos.  Beyond that, playing solitaire is her main interaction with our older PC.  I use my new Mac for everything else--mainly finances and general research and current events.

I just returned from New Mexico, where I visited my 98-year-old mother on her birthday.  My neice (and her granddaughter) gave a speech at the local community college regarding her grandmother.  I captured the whole 4-minute event on video disc for posterity and for her to share with other relatives.  I tried to email it back to her yesterday, but my server rejected it because it was over 34 MB in size.  Then I remembered that I had seen several video clips on the aforementioned blog sites.  So here are several of the digital photos plus the video of the speech...

1 comment: